PRP for Vaginal Rejuvenation – Feel Like a Complete Woman Again
Menopause and the years that come after it can be a trying time for almost all women. Through their years of sexual maturity, women deal with a range of issues like menstrual cramps, pregnancy, and childbirth. And then comes perimenopause and menopause. The waning of hormones like estrogen and progesterone can have various other adverse effects. Thankfully, PRP for vaginal rejuvenation can help reverse some of the symptoms. By getting the treatment, women can regain their confidence levels, feel feminine again, and live a more normal life.
Waning Levels of Estrogen Can Have Various Effects
Aging and multiple vaginal deliveries can lead to the laxity of the tissues in the vagina. While these are normal effects, the waning of estrogen levels can lead to other kinds of discomfort. You may experience effects like:
- Vaginal dryness
- Sensations of irritation, burning, and itching in the region
- Sparser growth of pubic hair
- Swelling and inflammation in the vagina leading to painful intercourse
- Wearing away of the fat under the skin in the surrounding areas giving the body an aged appearance
- Abnormal discharge and small lesions around the vulva are other common complaints
Yes, Conventional Treatments for Vagina Rejuvenation Do Help
Prior to the use of PRP for vaginal rejuvenation, gynecologists recommended different treatment options for relief. These options provide low doses of estrogen and progesterone without causing regular menstruation. You can choose from treatments like:
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in the form of tablets
- Estrogen patches
- Surgical intervention
- Estrogen creams and gels that can be applied to reverse the inflammation and irritation
- Estrogen pellets inserted under the skin for a slow release of the hormones
- Slow release vaginal rings that emit estrogen
While all of these treatments can provide some amount of relief, they are not long-term solutions. Many women have talked about not getting the results they hoped for. Further, HRT has acquired the notoriety of causing cancer and various other ill effects. On the other hand, you may find that PRP treatments are more effective. And that the PRP injection costs are more economical as compared to the other options you might try.
PRP Rejuvenation Treatments with Blood Serum
PRP for vaginal rejuvenation is an upcoming treatment that uses a sample of your blood to create a special serum. This serum contains a concentration of growth factors, stem cells, and other healing elements that can restore the firmness of the skin. By injecting the serum in the walls of the vagina, doctors can reverse the laxity of the tissues. That’s because PRP can stimulate the growth of the layer of collagen and elastin under the skin. Patients have talked about how they noticed firmness and better sensitivity because of which they were able to enjoy intercourse again.
Vagina Shots Combined with Autologous Fat Injections
PRP for vaginal rejuvenation, when combined with autologous fat injections can restore the tissues along with the youthful appearance of the genitalia. Doctors at the National Center for Biotechnology Information conducted a case study on a 65-year old woman. Here’s how the procedure progressed:
- After harvesting a 36cc sample of fat from the abdomen using local infiltration methods, doctors prepared it for injection.
- Lab technicians drew 30cc of blood from the forearm of the patient. Using a PRP kit and centrifugal methods, they created 4cc of the PRP serum.
- Having mixed the autologous fat and PRP serum, doctors prepared 1cc syringes.
- Using a fine needle, the serum was carefully inserted in different spots in the external areas of the genitalia.
The patient returned for checkups all through the following 12 months. She reported that the irritation and white patchy skin that she had been experiencing for the past 5 years were all gone and did not return. Pre and post procedure images taken showed that the area was plumper, and looked younger and rejuvenated.
PRP Rejuvenation Combined with Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is another compound that the body produces naturally. In recent times, cosmetologists have successfully used HA injectables with PRP facial treatments to restore the youthful appearance of facial skin. Doctors have also combined hyaluronic acid with PRP injections for joint pain for better pain relief and mobility. HA is a natural lubricating agent and for this reason, it can plump up and restore flexibility to the skin.
Doctors at the National Center for Biotechnology Information tried PRP for vaginal rejuvenation on a test subject who was 39 years old. She had had one vaginal delivery and complained of sexual dysfunction. Here’s how the procedure was conducted:
- Doctors prepared three test tubes with a liquid anti-clotting agent and an inert cell-selector gel. They also added hyaluronic acid.
- Lab technicians harvested a 15 ml blood sample from the patient’s forearm. Each test tube received 4 ml of the patient’s blood.
- The test tubes were spun in a centrifugal device for 5 minutes at 1500 g where “g” is the force of gravity.
- Using a sterile needle, doctors extracted the PRP serum and HA that lay as a top layer on the solution.
- Side by side, doctors drew 3 mm of fat from the lower abdomen and added it to a 10 ml test tube.
- This tube was spun in the centrifugal device for 1 minute at 1500 g.
- Using digital imaging devices, expert dermatologists carefully injected 16 ml of autologous fat into the posterior wall of the vagina. 10 ml of the PRP + HA blend was injected into the scar left behind by the vaginal incision during delivery.
- Post-treatment, the patient received a 2-day course of antibiotics in case of any infections.
The patient came in for a checkup 1 month after the procedure when she received the go-ahead to resume normal sexual activity. At her 3-month checkup, she reported firmness of the walls of the vagina with better lubrication. Her scar has healed to a great extent and she talked about much higher sexual gratification. In short, her PRP for vaginal rejuvenation treatment was successful.
PRP for Vaginal Rejuvenation Could be the Answer
Although these test results are only preliminary, they seem promising. Further research may be needed to prove for a fact that the procedure is indeed effective. And, if it actually works, PRP could provide relief to millions of women across the world. You may hear of various gynecologists and plastic surgeons offering the treatment. If you do intend to try PRP for vaginal rejuvenation, it is best that you work with a certified and experienced medical practitioner.
Would you like more information about PRP therapy can help patients? Call us at this number: (888) 981-9516 or contact us. We’ll provide you all the details along with a complete list of applications for PRP therapy.
Do you know of someone who has tried PRP before? Or, you may have tried the treatment for a medical or aesthetic issue. How were your experiences? Please share your thoughts using the comment box below.
Novel technique of vulvo-vaginal rejuvenation by lipofilling and injection of combined platelet-rich-plasma and hyaluronic acid: a case-report
Rejuvenation Using Platelet-rich Plasma and Lipofilling for Vaginal Atrophy and Lichen Sclerosus