PRP Injections: The Best Acne Scars Treatment for Everybody
Search online and you’ll find different kinds of treatments being advertised that promise to erase the marks including the PRP for acne scars. These modalities ensure that you will get back clear and radiant skin by using various techniques. As compared to these methods, PRP may well be the best acne scars treatment you can choose.
What are the Acne Treatments Available Out There?
Among the many solutions available at conventional aesthetic centers are:
- Laser therapy and sound therapy that work to repair the collagen layer under the skin.
- Laser resurfacing that scrapes off the top fine layers of the skin to restore an even appearance and erase scars.
- Dermabrasion that scours off the top layers of the skin using a diamond wheel or rough brush called fraise or burr.
- Chemical peels use solutions that cause the upper layers of the skin to burn and peel off so that new skin can emerge.
- Temporary augmentation uses dermal fillers that are placed below the scars to plump them up.
- Subcision uses a fine needle that breaks the fibers of the tissues that form a connection of the scars to the healthy tissue. As the new wound heals, the scars may vanish.
These methods may not work or give you results quite like you expect. Further, the chemicals and methods used can sometimes cause undesirable after effects and additional scarring if your skin cannot tolerate them well.
How is PRP Different?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is possibly one of the best acne scars treatments. That’s because unlike the conventional methods available, it stimulates the natural healing of your skin. PRP duplicates the rejuvenating abilities of your body by placing a concentration of the mesenchymal stem cells, growth factors, cytokines, and other healing components below the scars. These factors are a part of your blood and act on any injury in your body to heal it. But, the concentration works to speed up the healing by breaking down the scar tissue and repairing it. Further, the stem cells can transform into collagen and elastin forming cells to plump up the skin. And, that makes PRP one of the best acne scars treatment.
Why Choose PRP Over Other Solutions?
Now that you know what is PRP, you can safely choose it as the best acne scars treatment since it has several benefits over conventional treatments. Here they are:
- The PRP serum does not have side effects since it does not contain any harmful chemicals that can potentially cause more damage to your delicate skin.
- Since the serum is created from your own body fluids, they are unlikely to result in allergic reactions.
- You won’t need to use any fillers to cover the marks since the skin rejuvenates itself.
- You won’t have to deal with the possibility of lumping that can occur when the synthetic fillers are placed in the skin.
- The treatment is less painful because doctors use topical or local anesthetics to help with the discomfort. They may also inject painkillers along with the serum.
Each session takes just around 10 to 15 minutes and there is no downtime involved. Over the next few weeks, as the skin heals, you might see the ice picks, box cars, rolling car, and keloid marks disappearing.
PRP is More Economical Too
PRP therapy is easily one of the best acne scars treatment since it may work out to be more economical and far more effective and safe as compared to other modalities.
- Laser resurfacing treatments typically cost between $1500 to $5000
- Chemical therapy or peels cost between $1000 to $7000
- Subcision costs between $300 to 500
- Dermabrasion costs between $2000 to $4000
- PRP therapy can set you back by $400 to $1100 depending on the severity of your acne scars, the number of sessions you need, and the rejuvenating capabilities of your body.
Given a choice between the many treatments and techniques out there, PRP is easily the best acne scars treatment. It is comparatively low-risk and more likely to give you the results you’re looking for. Further, since it is a natural treatment, it is not likely to cause more damage or scarring. Rely on PRP therapy for flawless facial skin you’ve always dreamed of having.